Cold weather wreaking havoc
With the cold weather wreaking havoc all over Southeastern Idaho, we are warning people to be careful about the potential of pipes freezing. Pipes can begin to freeze when weather reaches around 20 degrees. But weather your pipes will freeze or not is also dependent on what geographical location you live in. If you are live somewhere where it has cold winters the pipes that are used in your business may be better insulated so you will not have to worry as much about them. There are tips however to help with not letting your pipes freeze.
- Keep garage doors closed
- Open cabinets under sinks to allow warmer air to cycle through
- Let cold water drip from a faucet
- Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature during the days and nights
- Leave your heat on at no lower than 55 degrees all winter
- Add insulation to areas in your home including attics, basements, and crawl spaces
If you have any fire, water or mold disasters give SERVPRO a call today! We have trained professionals ready to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!