Did you know that every year candle fires destroy tons of homes! According to the www.nfpa.org
During the five-year period of 2014-2018:
- Candles caused 2% of reported home fires, 3% of home fire deaths, 6% of home fire injuries, and 4% of the direct property damage in home fires.
- Roughly one-third (37%) of home candle fires started in bedrooms. These fires caused 40% of the associated deaths and 49% of the associated injuries.
- Falling asleep was a factor in 10% percent of the home candle fires and 15% of the associated deaths.
- On average, 21 home candle fires were reported per day.
- Three of every five (60%) of home candle fires occurred when some form of combustible material was left or came too close to the candle.
- December is the peak time of year for home candle fires. In December, 12% of home candle fires began with decorations compared to 4% the rest of the year.
We here at SERVPRO know how important it is to get your businesses back up and running as soon as possible. We have highly trained and certified professional ready to help If you do have a fire, water, mold or asbestos disaster give SERVPRO of Idaho Falls & Rexburg/Rigby a call today (208) 523-5365.