Christmas Tree Danger
Thank you to Ammon fire department for helping us with this demonstrations. We wanted to help to educate the public on how quickly a happy holiday tradition can go wrong.
Be sure to keep your trees watered and away from any heat source such as candles, heaters, etc.
According to nfpa.org:
- Between 2014-2018, U.S. fire departments responded to an average 160 home fires that started with Christmas trees per year. These fires caused an average of two deaths, 14 injuries, and $10 million in direct property damage annually.
- Electrical distribution or lighting equipment was involved in almost half (45%) of home Christmas tree fires.
- More than one-fifth (22%) of the Christmas tree fires, some type of heat source, such as a candle or equipment, was too close to the tree.
- Fifteen percent of Christmas tree fires were intentional.
- Roughly three-quarters of Christmas tree fires occurred in December or January.
- More than two of every five (42%) home Christmas tree fires started in the living room
We here at SERVPRO know how important it is to get your businesses back up and running as soon as possible. We have highly trained and certified professional ready to help If you do have a fire, water, mold or asbestos disaster give SERVPRO of Idaho Falls & Rexburg/Rigby a call today (208) 523-5365.