Water in the attic
We recently got called out to a water loss at a commercial building in Idaho Falls. The winter storms had crept into the attic and partially flooded two apartments and two hallways. With the winter months being long and wet there is always a chance for a water disaster.
One of the ways to stop the water from creeping in would be roof maintenance. These tips and tricks may help.
- Remove snow asap. Although, snow on the roof looks nice, it can lead to a array of issues if left sitting too long.
- Repair and flashing. Make sure to take a look at existing flashing. Check if it was installed correctly or if it needs to be replaced.
- Check your attic ventilation. Attic performance is directly related to your roof.
- Make sure all debris is cleared from your gutters.
- Call a professional if you need help!
If you have a Fire, Water, Mold or Asbestos disaster give us a call today! We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. With trained professionals ready to help (208) 523-5365.