Jared and Mike were at a new water loss job this morning. The water came from an overflowing toilet!
Water is bad enough on its own but when left unattended it can cause the dreaded… MOLD! www.moldepedia.com states that moisture is really the key cause of mold growth since the other conditions on the list are always going to be present in homes. So, essentially, the difference between whether mold grows in your home or not comes down to whether you have a moisture problem.
What Mold Needs to Grow
Mold needs these conditions before it can begin to grow in a home:
- Mold spores
- A food source (eg wood, drywall, cotton)
- Darkness (mold can't grow under ultraviolet light)
- Warmth (mold can't grow in freezing temperatures)
- Moisture (eg water leaks, humidity)
- Enough time (most molds can begin to grow in 24-48 hours if the conditions are right)
If you have a fire, water, mold or asbestos disaster give SERVPRO a call today at (208) 523-5365